- Pyrolysis, spectroscopy and extraterrestrial organic matter
- The application of isotope ratio mass spectrometry to the study of the ecophysiology of plant seeds
- Single particle characterisation in biologics: from mid-infrared micro-spectroscopy and mapping to spectral imaging
- Representative Raman measurements of carbon nanotubes
Applications are invited for the 2013 Gordon Kirkbright Bursary, a prestigious annual award that enables a promising student/non-tenured young scientist of any nation to attend a recognised scientific meeting or visit a place of learning.
Scientists at the University of Warwick have developed a computation which simultaneously doubles the resolution, sensitivity and mass accuracy of Fourier Transform Mass Spectrometry (FT-MS) at no extra cost.
In the chemical industry, heterogeneous catalysis is vital for the manufacture of basic or fine chemicals, in catalytic converters of exhaust gas and for the chemical storage of solar energy. A new infrared spectroscopy method can study processes at surfaces of oxides used as catalysts.
The Pittcon organisers have released the attendance figures for Pittcon 2012. The headline overall attendance is down at 15,754, as was probably expected. These figures are always an excuse for much discussion amongst hardened Pittcon visitors. To me, the interesting point is the relative changes between conferees and exhibitors.
Researchers from Purdue University in the USA have created a new imaging technology based on Raman spectroscopy that reveals subtle changes in breast tissue, representing a potential tool to determine a woman's risk of developing breast cancer and to study ways of preventing the disease.
The ALPHA collaboration at CERN in Geneva has performed the first-ever spectroscopic measurements of the internal state of the antihydrogen atom.
Page 1 of 16
View this Free Webinar
- Mass spectrometry investigations of nanoparticles by tandem charge detection mass spectrometry (5 from 9 votes)
- New bulk analysis spectroscopy technique (5 from 6 votes)
- Raman for diabetes monitoring (5 from 6 votes)
- The First Spectroscopic Measurement of an Anti-Atom (5 from 5 votes)
- Fluorescence eye test reveals neurological diseases in livestock (5 from 4 votes)
Gujarathi Dipak B. saidSir,
This is an excellent appl... 9 months ago
Rakesh Kanda saidDr Alfonso,
Matrix suppression is ... 1 year ago
Dr Robson JCF Afonso saidDear Authors,
As you sad atmospheric... 1 year ago
Dr Robson JCF Afonso saidI am glad to hearing someone question... 2 years ago
Peter Jenks saidThat is a reason I\'d overlooked - po... 2 years ago
No current events.
- Atomic absorption
- Atomic emission
- Ion mobility
- Laser spectroscopy
- Mass spectrometry
- Near infrared
- NMR ESR EPR
- Related equipment
- RMs and standards
- Sample prep
- Separation science
- Surface analysis
- X-ray spectrometry